Several grants have made GIJC 2011 possible. The sponsors have contributed to the low fee and to scholarships for colleagues who otherwise would not be able to participate.
- Open Society Foundations
- Fritt Ord
- Black Sea Trust
- Erste Stiftung
- Dart Center
- Swiss Investigative Network.
These projects support the GIJC 2011 by grants to participants:
- U.S. Agency for International Development
- Organised Crime & Corruption Reporting Project
- Pair, a support structure for investigative reporting in West Africa
- Scoop, supporting investigative reporting in the Balkans, East Europe, the Caucasus and Russia.
- Norwegian Union of Journalists
Stiftensel for en Kritisk og Underøkende Presse
- Democracy Grants program of U.S. Embassy in Ukraine
- International Renaissance Foundation, Ukraine
- U-Media project of Internews Network supported by USAID